- TIME 20 minutes
- MAKES Varying servings
- Onions **(1 for every 2 sausages)**
- Peppers **(1 for every sausage)**
- Garlic **(optional)**
- Olive Oil
- Kosher salt and pepper
- Spices **(oregano, paprika, etc... optional)**
- Spicy mustard
- Heat the broiler with a rack around 6 inches away from the heat source.
- Cut the onions and peppers (and garlic if using) into strips and arrange on tray.
- Coat vegetables with olive oil and season liberally with salt and pepper. Toss to mix and then spread in an even layer.
- Score the sausages on both sides and arrange evenly among the veggies.
- Broil until the sausage is cooked through, and the peppers and onions are nicely charred **(around 15 minutes)**.
- Rotate the pan and ingredients as needed to ensure everything cooks evenly.
- Serve immediately with spicy mustard
- If the ingredients are charring too quickly, cover the pan with aluminum foil and/or lower the temperature
- I prefer to eat the sausage and peppers in a sandwich roll, but another option is to cube potatoes and roast them along with the sausage and veggies.
- Other than cutting the veggies, this is a super hands off recipe, and easily amenable to buying a family pack of sausages and making a weeks worth of dinners in one sitting.
- [NYT Sausage and Peppers Recipe](https://cooking.nytimes.com/recipes/1020436-sheet-pan-sausage-with-peppers-and-tomatoes)