- TIME 30 minutes
- MAKES 4 servings
- 2 pie crusts
- 1 bunch of leeks **(3 leeks)**
- Diced pancetta
- 4 eggs
- 2 egg yolks
- 2 cups cream
- 8 oz cheese **(gruyere or cheddar)**
- Herbs de Provence
- salt + pepper
- Blind bake the crusts.
- Clean the leeks and then thinly slice them.
- Saute the pancetta and leeks, seasoned with herbs de provence and pepper **(can be made ahead)**.
- Shred the cheese.
- Make the custard by whisking eggs, yolks, and cream. Season with salt + pepper.
- Spread leek mixture on the bottom of the crusts, spread cheese over, and then pour egg custard on top.
- Bake for ~20 minutes **(in tart/ pie pan)** at 400°F.
- Optionally, sprinkle with aleppo pepper.
- A lot of quiches end up with a sort of spongy texture that I dislike, but this one has a rich, custardy consistency which also reheats well.
- [Gordon Ramsey's Leek & Pancetta Quiche](https://youtu.be/6LzLqmfiOVU)
- [Jacques Pepin's Quiche Lorraine](https://youtu.be/h9m5hI4XUy8)