- TIME 2 minutes
- MAKES 1 serving
- 1oz Cream of Coconut
- 1oz orange Juice
- 2oz Pineapple Juice
- 3oz Rum
- Pour ingredients into a shaker, fill with ice, and shake till cold
- Strain and serve over ice or straight up
- Grate fresh nutmeg on top
- Technically speaking, Painkiller is trademarked by [Pusser's Rum](https://pussersrum.com/), so if you don't use Pusser's, you're not supposed to call it a Painkiller, but I've found that different rums accentuate different flavors in the cocktail, and so it is a good way to experiment with new rum. It also works relatively well with cheap rum that you wouldn't sip neat since the other ingredients mask off flavors.
- Also, unlike the [original recipe](https://pussersrum.com/blogs/cocktails/pussers-painkiller), I up the ratio of rum to other ingredients because I prefer to be able to taste the flavor of the liquor.
- Typically a painkiller is served over ice, but I personally enjoy it "up" as long as it has been shaken enough to properly chill and dilute it. If having it up, it's best to double strain to avoid little slivers of ice ruining the mouthfeel.
- [Pusser's Painkiller](https://pussersrum.com/blogs/cocktails/pussers-painkiller)
- [Anders' "Not a Painkiller"](https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XYfHK3goJLk)