- TIME 2 minutes
- MAKES 1 servings
- 2oz Rye Whiskey
- 1oz Sweet Vermouth
- Maraschino Cherries
- Angostura Bitters
- Place 1 maraschino cherry in the bottom of a coupe glass, along with a few drops of the cherry syrup and set aside
- Add rye whiskey, sweet vermouth, and a dash of bitters into a mixing glass with ice
- Stir for ~30 seconds **(or until desired dilution level)**
- Strain into the coupe glass, over the cherry, and serve immediately
- You can use Bourbon, or other whiskey if desired, but I've found that Rye complements the vermouth and sweetness of the cherries best
- I prefer Carpano **(both the classico and antica formula are delicious)** to other sweet vermouths
- The maraschino cherry is quite essential to the overall flavor profile of this drink, so you have to use quality cherries **(no radioactive red ones)**. I like Luxardo, and find that adding a few drops of the cherry syrup helps accentuate the rest of the flavors in the glass.
- Unlike most cocktails, I prefer the taste of this one as it warms, finding that it gets richer and more decadent tasting towards the end **(likely helped along by the cherry at the bottom)**.
- [Classic Manhattan Recipe](https://www.liquor.com/recipes/manhattan-2/)