- TIME 5 minutes
- MAKES 4 servings
- 1 bag coleslaw mix
- ~0.5 cup mayo
- 1 lemon
- ~1 tablespoon vinegar
- ~2 tablespoons sugar
- black pepper
- ~1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- ~1 tablespoon old bay seasoning **(optional)**
- Mix the mayo, lemon juice, vinegar, sugar, salt, pepper, paprika, and old bay together in the bowl you're going to serve the coleslaw in
- Add the pre-cut coleslaw mix, and stir into the sauce
- Taste, and add more of any of the previous ingredients as necessary
- I almost never measure anything when making this recipe, instead using the rough template above, then tasting the result and tweaking as necessary. The key is to balance the creaminess of the mayo with the acidity of the lemon juice + vinegar, and then season it to taste.
- This recipe is super easy and quick to make, and works well as a side for meat based dishes like burgers, bbq, etc.
- [Coleslaw "lengthening" technique](https://notebook.drmaciver.com/posts/2019-09-12-12:01.html)