- TIME 15 minutes
- MAKES About 2 cups
- 1 shallot
- 1 fresno chile or red jalapeño
- 3-4 garlic cloves
- 0.5 cup fresh cilantro
- 0.25 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 2 tbsp. fresh oregano
- 0.5 cup red wine vinegar
- 0.75 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp. kosher salt, plus more
- Finely chop shallot, chile, garlic, cilantro, parsley, and oregano.
- Combine shallot, chile, garlic, vinegar, and 1 tsp. salt in a medium bowl. Let sit 10 minutes.
- Stir in cilantro, parsley, and oregano.
- Using a fork, whisk in oil.
- Season with salt to taste
- Can also be used as a marinade
- The "chimichurri herbs" make great summer plants, and bonus is that you can always use them up to make extra sauce.
- I found the ratio of herbs to olive oil and vinegar in the original recipe to be off, so instead, I add enough oil and vinegar to coat the other ingredients, and then add more to taste.
- [Bon Appetit - Chimichurri Sauce](https://www.bonappetit.com/recipe/chimichurri-sauce-2)